Green Ways to Spring Clean
Spring Cleaning Tips That mother Earth will love.
Spring cleaning is a popular time to get your life into shape. You can use the opportunity to make many positive changes to your home and life. You can organize, clean, and bring a happy and peaceful feeling to yourself once you're finished.
In addition, you can take earth-friendly steps to do what's best for the planet while you're cleaning.
Here are some ways you can go green while spring cleaning:
- Use safer/green cleaning products. Your first step should be to use green cleaning products instead of traditional products that contain harsh chemicals. These products are better for your own health as well as the environment. This is because they're non-toxic and are generally made from renewable resources.
- Make your own products. You don't even need to purchase "green" specific cleaning products. You can clean just as well using homemade cleaning solutions made from baking soda and vinegar. They're known as the ultimate all-purpose cleaners and can clean nearly any surface.
- Open up your house. One of the easiest and best ways to bring a natural and clean feeling to your home is to simply air it out. This will flow out toxins and rejuvenate your home in a completely natural way. The best part: All you need to do is open the window!
- Freshen up your Air. Do you use air fresheners to keep your house smelling nice? Rather than buying ready-made fresheners, you can go with something completely natural, instead. Herbs and plants give off pleasant odors. You can even consider baking more often to bring some nice scents into the home.
- Use green cleaning services. Maybe you don't always have time to complete your cleaning on your own, especially the deeper cleaning that's usually associated with spring cleaning. Shop your local area for people advertising green cleaning services; it'll take the work out of green cleaning for you and you know you'll be doing the best thing for your home and family.
- Proactive with unnecessary dirt. You can also use spring cleaning time to bring out some new home rules created with prevention, instead of clean-up, in mind.
- Start with the floors and all the dirty, toxic materials that get brought in on your shoes. Simply start a "no shoes indoors" policy and your house will stay cleaner in the first place.
- Air-dry your laundry. During spring cleaningand summer months Using a clothesline to air dry laundry can save money and leaves your laundry smelling fresh and spring clean.
- Cleaning your furniture. You can even make your own wood cleaners and polish with healthy, natural ingredients. Use a combination of olive oil and lemon juice to clean and polish your wood furniture. This cleaner produces a shiny and pleasant smelling finish.
Going green with your spring cleaning is a great idea. You're helping the planet, exposing yourself to fewer chemicals, and saving money at the same time. Oftentimes, it's just best to go natural. Follow these tips to help you go green while you clean!