Super Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Valentine's Day is just around the corner Give this easy recipe a try!
Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
What you will need:
1 Pack (about a dozen Medium size) Fresh strawberries
1 pk Chocolate Chips or chopped chocolate.
Wax paper or nonstick baking silicone baking.
Before you get started, make sure you cover your baking sheet with wax paper to lay you covered strawberries.
Let get started!
1. Wash and drain strawberries.
2. Pat dry with a paper towel. This is very important. If you have any water on the strawberries the chocolate will have a hard time sticking.
3. Make sure to leave stems intact. If you don't have a stream you can use toothpicks.
4. Place half of the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until melted 30sec and stir, do this for appx 2 min. stir well.
Rural tip: Overheated chocolate gets thick and hard to work with, so it's important to keep a careful eye on the chocolate. Remove it when some pieces are still not melted, and stir until they melt
5. Holding berries by the stem (or toothpick), dip one at a time into the chocolate.
6. Gently shake excess and place on waxed paper until firm.
Rural Tip: If chocolate becomes too thick reheat for a few seconds.
I hope you have fun with these delicious treats.
P.S. You can take these a step further by adding candy sprinkles
Until next time,
Rule your Rural